The Healthy Cowboy's Kitchen
Grass-fed Filet Recipe
1. Pre-heat oven to 210 degrees.
2. Trim filets (if preferred) and set out to reach room temperature.
3. Rub both sides of steak with butter (preferably raw butter, from pastured cows) and season with either your favorite steak rub or garlic salt and pepper.
4. Thinly slice one onion and grill it in a cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe pan) using melted butter or coconut oil on low to medium-low heat (note: if you are going to cook the onions real "low and slow," olive oil can also be used). When onions are translucent or almost cooked to your liking, move them to the outside edges of the skillet.
5. Remove skillet from heat for a few minutes minutes.
6. Place seasoned steaks in middle of skillet with onions and place the pan in the pre-heated oven.
7. Check after 32 minutes for rare to medium-rare. For medium, about 42 minutes. Take steaks out of oven if almost cooked to your liking and let them rest for 8-10 minutes (covered).
9. Eat with thanksgiving.
I topped this beauty off with herbed goat cheese. A gorgonzola works awesome as well. Enjoy!